You will need:
- Brown paper sandwich bags (available from a supermarket) to hold the samples
- A stapler (to seal the bags)
- A pen to label the bags
- A cooler (“Esky”) in which to carry the samples in the paddock
- An “Express Post” envelope to mail the samples to the laboratory
- A CSBP Plant Analysis Request Form (provided by your BioAg agronomist)
Caution: Please follow the instructions below carefully to enable us to prepare a professional program for you. The analysis will only be accurate if the samples you collect are taken with great care.
- To avoid contamination of the samples, wash your hands carefully before commencing the sampling.
- Collect a representative sample of the plants in the paddock. Walk diagonally across the paddock or through the crop avoiding headlands, trees, stock camps etc. Collect 25-30 samples at intervals of 1-2 metres evenly across the
- Label a paper bag “BioAg Leaf Sample” and your name, the date, the paddock name (sample name), and the crop or pasture
- Sample the youngest fully mature leaf of the same species of Do not mix species in the sample.
- Collect a 200 gram sample (5 gram dry weight) according to the above method (this is about one large handful of green material – see the photo) and place it in the labeled bag. The sample should be free of soil and
- Be sure to keep the sample cool by placing it in the cooler immediately it has been collected.
- Once home place the samples in the refrigerator
- Complete the CSBP Plant Analysis Request Form as instructed by your BioAg agronomist, including your name and address
- “Express Post” the samples without delay (not over weekend) to:
CSBP Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory
2 Altona Street
BIBRA LAKE WA 6163
Mark the package “Samples Under Quarantine”.
- If you need to keep the samples over the weekend place them in the fridge and post on Monday.
- The results will be forwarded to your BioAg agronomist who will provide you with an interpretation of the
- If you have any queries contact your BioAg agronomist or the BioAg Office on (02) 6958 9911 or email@example.com.